Friday, February 13, 2009

documents maybe???

Well I ahve been told that our documents are expected this week. Seeing that it is Friday the chances are getting slimmer. Please pray that we get them today or tomorrow and they can be scanned. If that happens then the ICPC process can start asap. Would really love to be going in march. Hope to post very good news soon.
Jill

Monday, February 2, 2009

Still no travel dates.

Here we are at the beginning of Febuary waiting for those court documents to be translated. I still can't believe that it is taking so long to get this done. It has almost been as long as it was for us to pass court. 10 weeks this thursday since We were told that we were out of court. It looks like it will probably be sometime in March before we get to go. It just amazes me how things work in international adoption. You truly never know how long something is going to take. The waiting and wondering is about to drive me CRAZY! I know GOd is in control, but I still often ask Him why it is taking so long. Please continue to pray that we get some good news this weeek. If we don't then we will probably have to get started on updating our homestudy, it will be year old in April. We really didn't want to have to do all that again but we will if we have to. PLease, Please let us hear something this week!! While we wait Briana is waiting also! It just kills me to know we are this close to bringing her home and we can't go yet.
I hope I can update soon with good news.
Blessings, Jill

Monday, January 12, 2009

No travel dates yet

We are still waiting for our court documents to be translated so we can get ICPC clearance. We thought we would be leaving this month but it looks like it will be sometime in Feb. Please pray that we hear something very soon. The waiting is hard sometimes. I get anxious but I know God is in control and He has a reason for us to wait. Hope to report good news soon. Briana we will be there as soon as we can.
Blessings, Jill

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Guardianship granted

We have been granted guardianship of Briana!! Finally the day is here! Our agency estimates that we will travel late January to get her. With all the trouble in Mumabi, David and I don't know if both of us will go or just him. Please keep us in your prayers as we get ready to go to India!
Blessings,Jill

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NOC approval

PRAISE GOD! We have our NOC!!! We now wait to pass court and then ICPC then it will be off to India to get our daughter. Our agency said to anticipate 9-12 weeks for court and another 6 weeks for ICPC before travel. So we are looking at Feb. 2009. But I know God can work adn make things happen quicker if He wants to. I would love to go over Christmas break and take all the kids, but we will just have to wait and see what happens. But I am thankful for the great news we received today.
Jill

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Still waiting to hear about our NOC. Our agency says that our case will be reviewed soon and we will have an answer very soon. We continue to pray that we will receive a favorable response. We want to get Briana home soon.
Jill

Thursday, September 4, 2008

We found out on Tuesday that we were denied clearance to adopt Briana from CARA. Th denila is because we already have 4 children in our family. This was very upsetting to our family. Later in the day I talked in length with our agency and it was expalined to me that we are not the only family that this has happened to. That was a relief. We have sent a letter to CARA asking them to reconsider their position and hopefully we will get a favorable decision soon. I cannot for the life of me fathom why they would want to leave Briana in an orphanage with 200 or more kids, than allow her to have a family with 4 other children. We are praying hard that God will just intervene and birng our daughter home. We truly believe that this is a God thing and that she is meant to be with us. We hope to have Good news very soon.
Pray for us.
Jill